Friday, July 28, 2006

A Special Day

Today I have been blogging for one year.

There are no new blooms in the garden today, but I have a lovely picture taken by my ten-year-old son to share with you.

He is a budding photographer (I can see the glint in his eye when he has the camera around his neck). He has a unique point of view and the pictures he takes are very different from mine.

Without further ado, the Buddha under the elm:

The Buddha
Photo belongs to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

You know I'd never crawl on the ground to get that shot the way he did.

8 comments:

Alison said...

He does indeed get a different perspective! Perhaps it is a skunks perspective, and this is why they visit. It looks very appealing!

David (Snappy) said...

I am always crawling on the floor getting new perspective.I love the buddha.Very serene.I have a small collection (growing bigger of Them).The photography is something i am developing (bad pun) with the garden blog, learning how to take good pictures, and not bad ones.The garden is perfect as it is always changing, flowers come and go, the seasonal changes.
Thats why one garden can be photographed thousands of times with new views each time.

David (Snappy) said...

Happy Blog o versary?One year today.did you think it would keep going for that long?Are you addicted to posting, or having new idea's for blog posts?May you keep posting for many years to come Karen,x

Philosophical Karen said...

Alison, if the baby skunks didn't look so cute, I'm not sure what I'd think of your comment. ;-)

Snappy, I thought I'd blog for maybe 3 months, tops. My gardening blog changed when I discovered Flickr. It's all about the photos now, just like your blog.

Sigruns German Garden said...

Congratulations, Karen! Let's drink Champagne!
And I know what you meen with the sight of your son. Sometimes I use my camera with the display in the direction of my knees. The photos are different from the others.

Sigrun

Boxwood Cottage said...

Happy blogging anniversary dear Karen! And many hally returns :D! I've started my blog in September so not long until I have my first anniversary too. Thanks for the champagne Al ;-) Cheers!

MariaJ said...

Cheers to every bloggers too! Your Budhha is so calm and it looks like its praying your garden peace. Your son took an excellent photo!

Diana LaMarre said...

Happy belated Blogoversary, Karen!

Your son took a great picture.

I crawl around on the ground all the time to take pictures...it's amazing the different perspective you get on your belly.