Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Lemme Guess... Daylilies Again? I Thought So

Some new first blooms, and some better photos of previous ones that have bloomed before.


Chicago Atlas

'Chicago Atlas' First Bloom

Razzamatazz

'Razzamatazz' First Bloom

'Razzamatazz' is a little shy this morning. I will check back this afternoon to see if it opens more.

Side View of 'Cricket Dance'

Cricket Dance Side View

Another 'Moonlit Masquerade'

Moonlit Masquerade

This is for Zoey. See the white midribs that produce that distinct notch in the eye? That is a "trademark" of Moonlit Masquerade.

And here is a picture from my deck border, where I have planted three 'Cricket Dance' daylilies. This was originally meant to be a mass planting of purple daylilies, but I couldn't do it. I need colour and texture in my garden. I'm so pleased with the way this border turned out.

Deck Border with Cricket Dance

And in the front garden, may I present...

Flower Ballet, with Catherine Woodbury

Flower Ballet
All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

All right, maybe that's a bit too whimsical, but when I look at this photo it reminds me of ballerinas dancing on the stage.

6 comments:

MariaJ said...

Absolutely stunning photos of daylilies! I especially loved this 'Moonlit Masquerade'...oh, what colours! How many different ones have you and are you going to collect more?
Hey, now I understand why you liked my visitor much more....

Lisa said...

Very pretty!

TraceyF said...

I love your daylilies Karen, I am fency about growing them as the pollen is a little strong for me, but I adore looking at them (in pictures)

Robin said...

I am with you on color and texture too. Mass plantings look stunning from a distance but I yawn when I get up close to them.

Alison said...

I agree about the ballerinas! They are all so stunning. I'm thinking you are encouraging many daylily converts!

Kerri said...

Beautiful ballet by Catherine Woodbury..not a bit too whimsical...just right. The buds on the right look like a ballarina's hands :)
Oh the colors! I'm absolutely smitten with all of them, especially cricket dance, moonlit masquerade and that wonderful pink of Chicago Atlas. I have a yellow named Chicago Star. I only have 2 daylilies blooming so far.