Sunday, July 16, 2006

More New Blooms (C'mon, It's July!)

New blooms keep right on coming.

Bumble Bee

'Bumblebee' First Bloom

Technically, it's the second bloom, but I didn't notice yesterday's bloom until we came back home after 8:00 PM and the light for taking pictures was gone. This is such a cute little mini flower. I've planted it in the front garden near the sidewalk. It's an easy one to miss.

Druid's Chant

'Druid's Chant' First Bloom

Finally, a true lavender! The great irony of this is that in the photo on the tag, its colour was yellow with a dark eye. I imagined I was getting something like 'El Desperado' only with full picotee edging on the petals. It wasn't until I read the written description that I found out it was meant to be lavender. What a bonus!

Moristar Mix

'Moristar Mix' Daylily First Bloom

The distributor of this daylily, Moristar, never bothered to give it a name, so I just call it 'Moristar Mix' because that was what they put on the label. I am taking my photos so early in the morning now because of the heat that some of the daylilies are not fully open, this being one of them.

Strawberry Candy

Strawberry Candy

This first bloom for 'Strawberry Candy' is quite small. Later ones should be larger, with a slightly lighter colour.

First Bloom of Unknown Daylily Under Elm

First Bloom of Unknown Daylily under Elm

I have my ideas. I think it's a 'Daring Deception' that was mislabelled as 'Forty-Second Street'. This is because I have a tag for 'Forty-Second Street' but no such daylily in my garden.


Siloam Doodlebug

'Siloam Doodlebug' First Bloom

Was it really just two days ago that I predicted it would bloom at the end of July? So much for my powers of prognostication! I love this flower. It even looks pretty in a side view, with those delicate stripes on the sepals.

Siloam Doodlebug Side View

'Siloam Doodlebug'
All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

3 comments:

MariaJ said...

That Strawberry Candy is delicious!

Alison said...

Stunning as always!

Lisa said...

Great daylilies! I think I need more in my garden:)