Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Four New Daylily Blooms Today

I have taken other pictures today, and I will make a different post to follow this one.

Daveo Holman

'Daveo Holman' First Bloom

The colouring is not usually this uneven. It's a reliable, prolific bloomer and always produces plenty of seeds.

Pandora's Box

'Pandora's Box' First Bloom

Small and sweet. I love the reddish pink of the eyezone on this one.

Light Years Away

'Light Years Away' First Bloom

This is my weirdest daylily. It's not so bad when it looks the way it should. This one is rather blemished, which detracts from the glamourous look of the strongly ruffled picotee edging.

El Desperado

'El Desperado' First Bloom
All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

This is for Zoey. Hers bloomed a while ago, and I feel like I've been waiting a very long time. (By the way, every time I see this daylily I get an earworm of Linda Ronstadt singing "Desperado, why don't you come to your senses...")

4 comments:

Sigruns German Garden said...

Hi Karen, lovely flowers, the third one I do not like, it looks like deep-fried, you understand? My favorits allways are this ohne without quillings.

Sigrun

Philosophical Karen said...

Yes, the third one is not a good example of how it is supposed to look, unfortunately. My flower is very blemished, and the petals are too thick and leathery. (But those golden ruffles are perhaps not to your taste even when they look "right".)

Alison said...

I love the colour and texture(or at least the appearance of texture) of the Daveo Holman. It looks as though it would be as delicate as tissue paper.

Diana LaMarre said...

I love your El Desperado! It looks a bit more yellow than mine. It is my favorite of the few I have (few, compared to you!).