Monday, July 31, 2006

Colour, Pattern, and Texture

Soon I will no longer have to take my own garden photos anymore. My boy has adopted my habit of grabbing the camera in the early morning and spending some time in the garden with it.

First he went to find Bob the Frog. Yes, our frog is not just a random visitor. He lives under the elm tree and so we have named him. ("Bob the Frog" is a very melodic name and it is easy to make up little songs about him. Go ahead, try it yourself.)

Bob the Frog

Bob the Frog in a Daylily

Other than that, my son's photos that I am posting here are mainly full of colour, pattern, and texture.

Sempervivum Pattern

Sempervivum Pattern

Lamb's Ears

Lamb's Ears

An Interesting Point of View

An Interesting Point of View

Rusty Bird Dish

Rusty Bird Dish

Buddha Close Up

Buddha Close Up

This final photo isn't really about colour, pattern, or texture. I'm posting it because it is a wonderful view of the garden. Again, it's from an angle I have never even considered, because it involves crouching down on flagstone. (Hey, I heard that! I am not a wuss! Well, maybe a little.)

The Lowdown on My Garden

The Lowdown on My Garden
All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

I should also point out that my son likes to move the Buddha statue around and take pictures of it in different places in the garden. In this photo, you can just see the Buddha sitting on the arbour bench.

7 comments:

Alison said...

Talented he is! I love how he captured the corner of the bench.

Robin said...

Your son definitely has an eye! Wonderful photos!

Sigruns German Garden said...

He is very talented, your sun. Buy him his own camera!

Sigrun

Lynne said...

The adventures of "Bob The Frog" look forward to his next choice int he garden...........

Dianne said...

Your garden is fantastic!
I love Lamb's ear too. And Bob on the lily is just too cute.

Anonymous said...

Your son is very talented in photography! Cool pix!

roybe said...

great to meet bob the frog karen, is he a treefrog and do you have a lttle pond that attracts him? Thats a beautiful vine growing on your arbour. I just love the landscaping in you garden I've just spent another five minutes taking it in.