Saturday, July 29, 2006

I Did It Again

Every year I do it. I misidentify a daylily, despite my ever more careful mapping and planning.

This year, it was Ida's Magic. I mean, it was Country Melody, but I called it Ida's Magic. So, as it happens, Country Melody has bloomed and gone, leaving me with two fat seedpods to watch over. That's good news. (About the seedpods, I mean.)

Country Melody, Earlier This Month

Country Melody 07/09/06

Now for the bad news.

I overlooked Ida's Magic because it did not -- and likely will not -- bloom this year. There is some sparse foliage there, but no scapes. It actually didn't seem too healthy last year, either, now that I look at the photo.

Ida's Magic 2005

Daylily ''Ida's Magic'' 2005

Looks like it's time for some TLC for both Ida's Magic and Scatterbrain. Scatterbrain is on its second year of not blooming. I hope that if I transplant these two to different locations and give them a good fertilizer they will do better next year.

Scatterbrain 2004

Daylily 'Scatterbrain' 2004
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

No comments: