But first, as I said, the second-guessing has begun. I believe now that the one I have been calling 'Edge of Darkness' could be something else, and today's bloom is 'Edge of Darkness'. Here is today's bloom:

But my belief could change again by tomorrow. And as I look through my tags and photos, I might come up with some other completely different possibility. (Somewhere I have planted one called 'Mini Might' -- which is actually a good candidate for the one I have been calling 'Edge of Darkness'. 'Mini Might' is meant to be a double, which could account for the mutant bloom I posted yesterday.) Alas, that is how it is. Some daylilies I can never be quite sure of.
However, there is no doubt this one is 'Destined to See':

Now that's a daylily! Picotee edging. White midribs. Actually delivers on its promised colours. Sigh.
More prosaically, this new one is 'Ida's Magic'*:

*EDIT: No, it' s actually 'Country Melody'.
It's actually a bit more pinkish and not quite as orange as this picture shows.
This next one is 'Moonlit Masquerade'. There is no mistaking that classic appearance, especially the notched eye.

All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
Today I played bumblebee. I have pollinated 'Barbara Mitchell', 'Moonlit Masquerade', and 'Woodside Rhapsody' with 'Destined to See'. I have also used 'Ida's Magic' to pollinate itself, 'Russian Rhapsody', 'Destined to See', and the new one I am now calling 'Edge of Darkness'.
NOTE TO SELF: The 'Moonlit Masquerade' spent bloom got broken off in the rain July 10, so no seed pod will form.
5 comments:
You will soon be able to start your own business what with your own varities and all.....they are all sooooo stunning!
Karen,
Carol's Garden & Decoration blogg brought me to your side. I enjoyed your photos very much. It's my first visit to a Canadian garden. Great idea to put that IKEA shelf outsite (photo of June 1st).
I started my own garden blogg just some weeks ago. So far, it's still in German - but often photos speak for themselves... ;-))
Our garden is still very young, me just moved into our new built house two years ago.
I will definitively come back to your blogg!
Regards from Germany,
Anita
Danke, Anita. Ich werde deine Blog lesen. ;-)
Simply lovely daylilies!
Karen,
Thanks for pointing out the notched eye in Moonlit Masquerade for me.
I love to learn about plants.
I have to go back now and look at mine again to compare.
Post a Comment