Sunday, July 23, 2006

Stone Art Planters

Yesterday I noticed that one of the nurseries we went to had a display of those planters that look like rocks. I took the opportunity to examine one to see if there was any information on where they came from.

I finally found the web site I've been looking for for a while!

It's http://www.stoneartgardens.com/.

I currently have two of these Stone Art planters. One roundish one which I have planted with echeveria and thyme:

Echeveria and Coleus

And one long, flat, diamond-shaped one which I have planted with a different echeveria and other succulents, seen at the top of this photo:

Sempervivum Planters
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

In a couple of nurseries and garden centres, I have seen them priced from quite reasonably to absolutely outrageously. We have happily paid both prices.

First, because we had never seen them before anywhere else, we paid about double what we could have got them for at two other local places that carry them. A year later, when we realized how much less expensive they were at a second place, we were only thinking, "Oh my gosh! Look at how cheap they are here! Let's get another one!"

Funny how the mind works. To us, they are innovative and beautiful enough to warrant the more expensive price, so the more reasonable price was a bonus rather than a cause to regret paying more for the first one.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

I love your bowl gardens. I know what you mean about prices either being high or low. I really like this one nursery because they have unusual things, but they are sky high-perhaps they have to work harder to obtain them. I will give them credit for having sales up to 30% off. I bet there is a daylily one going on right now.

MariaJ said...

Your first photo is absolutely a part of me! Good work Karen!

Alison said...

I have not seen anything like them at nurseries around here. They are fun.

Anonymous said...

Karen: Thanks so much for posting this! I've been drooling over yours for a while now. I think I might get a couple for myself. Thanks again!