How It Looks Now

Underneath

The short black hose carries the drain water to an outlet on the left side. The short, thin grey hose feeds the tap. The piece of light green hose attached to the hose reel brings water from the hose bib on the side of the house so that the hose on the reel is usable.
Left Side

Top hose, water in. Bottom hose, water out.
Modified Outdoor Hose Bib

The 'Y' connection (with separate valves on each side) is supplied with the sink, as is one short length of hose. The rest of the hose you must supply yourself, which is why we have a mess of hoses now. It all works though. I liken it to the cables behind your TV. You need them, even if they are a bit... cluttered.
Drain Hose

The hose attached to the drain outlet is stretched out beside the house and drains onto the rocks. We could also collect this "grey water" and use it for watering plants.
2 comments:
We got it at Home Depot. It's by Backyard Gear and it's called an Outdoor Sink with Hose Reel.
I can't find this exact version online. Ours didn't come with the hose included.
We are using 50 feet of that tightly coiled hose (the kind that looks like a spring when it's unwound) because 50 feet of regular hose won't fit.
I want one! I would like being able to wash my hands outside.
Post a Comment