Sunday, July 16, 2006

Planning

I don't know where to put my 'Black-Eyed Susan' daylily.

'Black-Eyed Susan' Daylily

It's a powerful colour, and I don't have many places for those in my garden. I tend to stay away from golds and oranges, unless they are tiny, like variegated coreopsis, or muted, like the rust-coloured 'Cimmaron Knight'. (Even that one is iffy.)

Anyway, even though I just love it, I don't know what to do with this powerful colour in my garden.

Should I put it here?

Deck Border?

It would certainly add some punch to the muted burgundies. Maybe a little too much punch.

So maybe it will be in this bed, back by the shed where 'Woodside Rhapsody' is now.

Back by Shed?

If I tucked it back far enough, it would only be visible from certain angles and would not detract from the pinks and purples in the south part of the bed.

Really, what I wanted to do was put it in a decorative pot (just like Sigrun does with hers) so I could move it around on the patio. But Mr. Wonderful was not as happy with that idea.

Maybe Just in a Pot?
All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

And I have to keep him sweet, because we are going shopping again today.

4 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

Not too much planting, no. It's a good time for shopping, though because the nurseries are practically empty. (I might get up with the sun tomorrow and put a couple of hours in before it gets too hot in the garden.)

Diana LaMarre said...

I really go for those bright ones like Bumble Bee and Black eyed Susan.

I think it would look fine in that border.

Alison said...

I agree with Zoe. In fact, from the pictures it would seem to suit just about anywhere!

Sigruns German Garden said...

Karen, the garden looks very good. I like your path with the stones very much!

Sigrun