Friday, July 14, 2006

Today's New Daylilies

This is what I'm after, a dark purple daylily. This one gave me three "first" blooms this morning. The photo shows the only unblemished one.

Siloam Plum Tree

'Siloam Plum Tree'

Another Siloam, strongly recurved, this one gave me several attractive (not raggedy-looking) doubles last year.

Siloam Merle Kent

'Siloam Merle Kent' First Bloom

The best of my (poor) records indicate that the next one is probably 'Wayside King Royale'. I am still searching, hoping to find a tag that proves otherwise, because WKR was meant to be a dark purple and this one looks very pinkish-purple to me. The shape and the light midribs on the petals are very nice, though.

First Bloom, Probably 'Wayside King Royale'

'Wayside King Royale'? First Bloom
All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

3 comments:

Robin said...

All of your daylilies are lovely, but I especially like Plum Tree. I love the dark purple in contrast with the somewhat light green foliage. Very nice.

Sigruns German Garden said...

Karen, where do you buy your daylilies?

Sigrun

Philosophical Karen said...

Sigrun, I haunt every nursery within a one-hour drive of my house. There are a couple of local places that seem to get a lot of different daylilies every year (one you would love -- it specializes in hostas).

I have recently found a breeder near my husband's work where I can make an order online and my husband can pick it up. I think I will order a few (or six) daylilies from them soon. I need more spider forms.