Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Art

I'm so tired of those ugly, utilitarian garden pictures in my last post. I had to get out and play with my camera.

'Barbara Mitchell' Bud

Barbara Mitchell

Echinacea 'Doppelganger'

Echinacea 'Doppelganger'

Echinacea 'Kim's Knee High'

Echinacea 'Kim's Knee High'

'Razzamatazz' Bud with Green Tips

Bud with Green Tips

'Razzamatazz' Flower

Flower


And finally, another view of the 'Barbara Mitchell' bud that will be tomorrow's flower. This reminds me of a pink grapefruit cut into sections. Refreshing!

'Barbara Mitchell' Bud Opening
All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

3 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Love the color of Dopplegander (what a name)must get some as you know I love lavender shades!

Philosophical Karen said...

You might find that Echinacea as "Double Decker". It's the one that gets the extra layer of petals at the top in the second year.

I just used the German name because I liked it better. :-)

Yes that echinacea has lighter pink petals than most, but that lavender shade is mainly on the fading flowers in evening light.

Alison said...

Love the thought of grapefruit. You really should consider a book you know. And think of how much more you could buy with the proceeds......