Monday, July 24, 2006

Look What I Found Hiding in the Garden

This is absolutely the coolest thing I have ever seen in my garden. (Well, one of the coolest things, anyway.)

Frog on Spent Bloom

Here is another view, cropped. He is actually very tiny, the size of my thumbnail. As they say in advertising, "Enlarged to show texture."

Cropped Frog
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

I looked up frogs on the internet and I think this guy is a "Green Frog" (a descriptive, if not very imaginative, name).

8 comments:

David (Snappy) said...

what is your frogs name?he is so cute and dinky.I love FROGS so much.I dream about a pond so i can have my own frogs!!

~~ Melissa said...

That's so sweet. What fine test this little guy has in housing choices. Is the flower high up? Did he have to hop to get there? Or climb with suction cup feet? I love it.

~~ Melissa said...

oops, I meant what fine 'taste'...he has.

Alison said...

Perfect hiding spot! If only I could find such a retreat!

Unknown said...

What cool shots--and he looks so cozy there! :) What kind of bloom is he using as his hiding spot?

Philosophical Karen said...

I found the frog hiding in a spent bloom of one of my daylilies. Daylily spent blooms are quite moist, so I imagine the frog was pretty comfortable there. It would have had to hop or crawl at least 12-14 inches (30-35 cm) off the ground to get to that spot.

Sorry, Snappy, I didn't ask the frog his name. ;-)

Lynne said...

What a find!!

Sigruns German Garden said...

Cool! What a nice photo!

Sigrun