It needs a lot of work, but the hot and humid weather which makes the plants (er, weeds) grow also makes it too uncomfortable to do any work in the garden.
My planters are doing well. I updated my spring planters with lots of coleus. Even if there are not a lot of flowers, there is plenty of colourful foliage.

The pots hide the peeling pachetting at the base of the garage. (Pachetting is the thin coating they put over bare concrete to make it look presentable. Ours is cracking and crumbling.)
I also have a plastic bowl planter that I bought from a garden centre as it was selling off its contents. I put it on my "shelf rock" by the front stairs. I love the way the ivy grows around the rock.

I planted pretty pelargoniums in my garage urns. I'm not sure the colour goes with my orange brick, but I love them anyway.

Most of my planters in the backyard are clustered around the garden bench on the patio. (We buy inexpensive "disposable" benches and try to get two years out of them. This one is on its second year.)

All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
7 comments:
Colourful foliage are really catching eyes.Your urns are also lovely with pink pelargonias. Have you noticed I have a red tile house too...Karen I recognize all your plants except one really dark red one, the leaves are heartshaped. It could be viola which I have too but is it???(You have it in your black urn)
Maria, it is Sweet Caroline(TM) Sweet Heart(TM) Purple Ipomoea batatas -- a sweet potato vine with dark, heart-shaped leaves. It is the first year I have seen it here. (I'm not sure if that means it's new, or just new to our nurseries.)
I love all of the colour. As always a most relaxing "visit" to your garden....
BSTS, we've "been there, done that." It's a lot of work and gets us one extra year for our trouble. We might as well put the money we'd spend on paint into a brand new bench. What I'd really like is a nice wrought iron one for around $100. If you see any end-of-season deals, let me know. ;-)
Visiting from Friday's Child. Love your plants. They all look very healthy.
Have a nice week ahead!
love all your planters.I think the pink pelagoniums look magic.The eye is drawn to them not the bricks.you have some gorgoeus coleus plants too.the bench looks okay though for a second year.
Hi. Your blog is a great place to come and chill out. I find it very uplifting (I have visited before) and today, having had some sad family news, I found it therapeutic. Thanks for the effort. By the way, I'm pleased to see that in Canada 'colour' is spelt the British way!
Post a Comment