I got the heuchera in the garden. I first had to check my records to see which daylily I had planted nearby so that they won't be clashing with each other in July. I have so many daylilies I forget what I have planted where, even though I've been trying to keep notes. The problem is, my notes are like, "side garden by rock" (and there are two rocks). I'm crossing my fingers that the daylily turns out to be my dark purple 'Wayside King Royale'.

The worst area I have for dry, infertile soil is up by the shed. I planted the Angelina and Red Carpet stonecrop, along with a couple of others.

I don't go overboard with the garden ornaments, but there is one I bought last year that I really like. It's an inexpensive, stone-look statue of a meditating buddha. I have a couple of different places I put him, depending on how things are blooming. For now, I've put him by the pasque flower.

And, in other garden news, the magnolia is in full bloom.

I also have some tulips that are getting ready to open in the next few days.

5 comments:
BSTS, check out this link:
http://perennialpassion.blogspot.com/2006/04/beware.html
Here the woman is complaining it spreads so much. But if you WANT it to spread fast, my guess is this would be a good kind to get.
Also, if you wanted to do a dry garden, you could put some hens'n'chicks together with sedum. I find that hens'n'chicks spread nicely. Also, there are way more kinds than you would at first imagine, so you can get different colours and slightly different shapes for a bit of variety.
Hmm, I just reread that. "Complaining" makes it sound so negative. Zoey is a nice lady who has commented on this blog before and she was really just warning everyone about this fast-spreading sedum.
Your garden looks lovely. My Yellow tulips are flowering now. I just need to figure out what i am going to do with the rest. I don't want to spend too much as we are still renting.
GRAND!!!!!!
I LOVE your budda!! Have been looking for a few seasons for just the right one and size... important.
Post a Comment