Sunday, April 30, 2006

'Peach Flame' or 'Peach Flambe' ?

So here I called my new heuchera 'Peach Flame' and then I look on GardenVoices and there's another gardener with a beautiful picture of a heuchera called 'Peach Flambe'. They looked identical, but I wasn't worried, because I know I took the name of mine off the label.

Funny thing, though. Turn the label over and mine is called 'Peach Flambe' too.

Hmmm.

Front and Back of Label

Oh, and that's the regular price on the label. The nursery was having a really great sale. Really. It's not like I would pay that price for one plant.

Very often.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I was thinking it must be a big plant for the price....I love the clour!

Philosophical Karen said...

Peach Flambe is fairly new, at least in this area. Price for the latest hybrids is controlled by supply and demand. For us gotta have gardeners, the newer a hybrid is, (often) the more desirable. But the newer it is, the fewer are available because the growers haven't had chance to propagate as many. That's where you start to see the high prices. (But you are right, a nice BIG heuchera can also command a high price, even if it's not necessarily "the latest thing".)

Philosophical Karen said...

Having said that this morning, however, I was just at the garden centre at the grocery store and they had 'Peach Flambe' for $12.99. I can console myself (only just) that they were slightly smaller plants.