Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday Morning Gardening

My son and I got up and out the door early this morning so we could go to Home Depot and buy some snapdragons. We were home and the planting was finished by 10:00. My son thought that yellow snapdragons would look nice with the burgundy pansies we planted on Saturday.


Planter

One of my 'Replete' daffodils is starting to open and it looks so cool right now:

'Replete' Daffodil

When I was looking up information on Replete daffodils, I found this image, which shows “the truth.” Yes, I was one of those who were taken in by the lovely pinkiness of the image on the left. I know better now though.

Some more images from the garden this morning:


Daffodil

Pasque Flower in Bloom

Snapdragons

3 comments:

Alison said...

No annuals here either! Looking good...

Our garden is only a year old. Last year I spent money on plants. This year it will be mulch and the backyard! I love the way you have done yours but although it looks simliar in size, yours is far larger.

Philosophical Karen said...

Home Depot had a few snapdragons along with pansies, so I bought some for height and colour. I was surprised to see them there, myself.

Alison, I find that visually, the size is deceptive with the upward slope. Also, I rarely include the patio when I am taking pictures of the garden.

EAL said...

Nice "replete" daffodil, regardless of the color it is supposed to be. I have the double "obdam," though it is not returning terribly well.