
The white hyacinths in the backyard have started to bloom. I think the reason they don't look as full as they should is that I didn't let the foliage die off naturally last year before removing it.

This is my spring flowerbed under the camperdown elm tree. By mid-summer you can't see the space beneath the tree as it is covered in leaves and shadows, but I find that the colour combination there now is amazing. (Still a little sparse, but what do you want from spring in Ontario?)

This is a closeup of the yellow and orange daffodil under the elm. It just opened today. It's an unnamed hybrid from a Breck's collection.

I planted five bulbs in Fall 2004 and this spring I have six beautiful 'Pink Charm' blooms.

I am still keeping an eye on that 'Replete' as it opens. Slowly.

The tiny little daffodil which I think is 'Palmares' is fading from the bright yellow it was when it opened. It's looking more pale now.
4 comments:
FABULOUS!!!!!
Thanks for sharing springtime! I'm in India at the present so am totally missing that wondrous season of new life. Daffodils are my favourite flowers--my sister refers to them as the "heralders of spring".
Those pictures are wonderful! Although I have so many daffodils that I was almost tired of them. A few years back I threw some daffodil bulbs into the forest near our home that were intruding into my garden (somehow, I belive they were there all the time, just dormant for some reason when I started upturning everything).
Now there is this huge big daffodil garden right beside the wooded area. It really is pretty. It seemed to have spread or something to the neighbors though.
Hi Karen,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a friendly comment. It's always nice to 'meet' new people. I can only see a few of your photos...the others aren't showing up for some reason...but the daffs are lovely and the white hyacinth is spectacular close up. Wow, what a beautiful flower. Mine are beginning to bloom now and the daffs are gorgeous! Yah spring!
Post a Comment