
Chances are you won't see any red ones, because I've been going for a very specific look with the tulips I've been planting.
I don't think the tulips by the chain link came from that batch, though. I think they came from the bags of bulbs I bought at the grocery store.
But I only bought dark purple, light pinkish-purple, and creamy white. Well, so, how come the dark purple ones turned out red then? I am thinking that the one I bought as dark purple was actually a mislabelled bag of red bulbs.
Sigh.

I guess what I will do is cut all the red ones as they are ready to bloom and enjoy them indoors in a vase. Then (wasteful as it seems) I am going to rip out those red bulbs and start again.
Sigh.
2 comments:
I bet you could contact a garden club and pass them on to someone else.....
I have columbines that have buds now, and I'm so excited but the tulips are stil not ready to bloom.
I recently found out that the shallower you plant bulbs, the sooner they bloom. Since I am one who follows planting instructions, I planted everything at the recommended (deep) depth. This fall I am going to try planting them a bit shallower to see if it makes a noticeable difference.
By the way, my columbine doesn't have any buds yet, so you are ahead of me there.
Post a Comment