Monday, May 22, 2006

Recently Acquired

This is a blog post about my recent acquisitions for the garden. But first, a gratuitous shot of what is now becoming one of my favourite garden views:

Colourful Maple Border
Photo belongs to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be borrowed without attribution.


And now I have some pictures of items and plants recently acquired.





(Click on the thumbnails to see a larger picture.)

Clockwise from top left:
  1. Heuchera 'Mardi Gras'. Flower scape almost 36" (90cm) tall. Leaves as big as my hand. (I have a small hand.)

  2. Heuchera 'Peach Melba'. A bit like Peach Flambe except with veining on the leaves.

  3. Two new daylilies. This brings the total up to 45. Yes, I have 45 named varieties of hemerocallis in my garden. (But that's nothing. Sigrun has 60 hostas.)

  4. Round concrete bowl planter, inspired by Naturegirl.

  5. Sempervivum for the flat rock planter.

  6. A flat rock-look planter that I received as a Mother's Day gift.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Perfect! That's all I can say!

David (Snappy) said...

Lovely pics of garden and the acqusitions.The sempervivum are gorgeous (mine are plain green).
You are catching up with Sigruns Hostas.When i get some Heuchera's I will seek your advice!!

Robin said...

Oh, how lovely!