After fighting traffic jams at crossroads with only flashing yellow lights, and endangering the health of our station wagon's suspension, we returned from our trip with 24 bags of regular cedar mulch.
My husband was busy in the garden this afternoon. First, he removed the ratty hinoki cyprus. It's a beautiful evergreen, but whatever it requires to make it look lush and healthy, we were not able to provide; so now it's gone and the garden looks better for it.
Then my husband covered the better part of the back yard using about half of the mulch we bought. You can see the result of his effort in this photo I took of a chickadee perched on the birdbath.

Photo belongs to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be borrowed without attribution.
7 comments:
I can't believe how full it is all of a sudden!
The photo is taken from a good angle. You can't see how much thinner everything looks when you raise the camera a few inches. ;-)
Its nice looing.It kind of looks like a woodland glade with all that beautiful foliage.I want one of those bird baths.Its very calming the pic.Do you direct and your husband garden?or just the heavy jobs?
Snappy, I am the gardener and I am lucky that my husband supports me with a lot of the heavy work. Most years we do the mulching together; I think he has done the bulk of it so far this year though. I do all the planting except for trees and shrubs. I usually do the pruning, weeding, dividing, spring and fall cleanup, etc.
Karen very nice don't you just love the green filling in but the weather could warm up my arthritis is killing me!!
Karen, great! More photos please!
Sigrun
Sigrun, the weather is not co-operating right now. :-(
Maybe I will post some pictures from last year...
Post a Comment