Friday, May 05, 2006

Creative Commons

For those who like to "borrow" photos that they admire, please be aware that all photos on this blog are covered by a Creative Commons License that requires Attribution. That means that you must acknowledge where you got the photo from.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.

4 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

I'm glad to see this. Common sense dictates that one credit borrowed work whenever possible and I certainly do. That being said though, you have done a good service by posting this information. Many people do NOT think about attribution.

p.s. Love the picture above this post. What is this green leafy plant?

Philosophical Karen said...

I have a Camperdown elm tree in my back yard, and it is just getting its new leaves. This is an "extreme close up" (larger than life, I think) of those new leaves.

Philosophical Karen said...

Yes, it was quite disconcerting to find pictures of MY backyard on someone else's blog.

Leanne said...

Your photos are really beautiful, Karen. BSTS said that you had a theft issue so I had to come over, I deal with the same issues. You may want to clearly mark your photos in a non-croppable section with a copyright, just to make sure people know.

Unfortunately, some people don't even understand what copyright is or means. I'm sorry you're experiencing this kind of very personal theft. :(

Hugs!