
This heuchera is looking very confused right now. I'm not sure, but I think it might be reverting to species? I don't know if that's what is happening, or if it's the correct terminology to use, but my instinct tells me to get rid of those plain green leaves and try to encourage the others to grow.

I was trying to remember which kind of heuchera I planted there. I think it is either 'Dale's Strain' or 'Green Spice'.
A second iris is blooming in another part of the garden where once, in my ignorance, I planted Fringed Loosestrife (Lysimachia ciliata 'Firecracker'). The label said "Not to be confused with the noxious weed Purple Loosestrife". So I didn't. But, I failed to pay attention to this line, also on the label: "Will spread to form a sizeable patch, but this can be controlled by growing in a tub." I didn't grow it in a tub. I planted it where I thought the lovely bronze leaves would look nice. Then it grew. And spread. And ... I removed it. But it's still there, as this picture shows.
No comments:
Post a Comment