Tuesday, May 30, 2006

First 'Lullaby of Spring' Iris

Today my 'Lullaby of Spring' iris got its first bloom. It didn't even bloom last year.

Giant Iris 'Lullaby of Spring'
Photo belongs to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

Actually, very few of my iris bloomed last year, so I decided to read about how to care for them. I didn't know about having to divide them. I did that last fall with all my iris, with some success.

I'm still learning though. I just read recently that if you want them to clump, the best way to plant them is in a circle, radiating out from a centre point (like spokes radiating out from the hub of a wheel).

Guess what I'll be doing this fall?

4 comments:

Robin said...

Good information to know! I will be dividing my irises this fall too I guess!

Sigruns German Garden said...

Wow, a great flower!

Sigrun

TraceyF said...

What a stunning Iris, thanks for the care tip too!

Alison said...

You are a constant source of knowledge. Wonderful photos...