Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Told You It Was My Favourite View

Here it is again, from a slightly different angle. This one also shows the composter next to the shed.

In the Backyard

With this view you would think I did not have any open space in my yard at all. I guess I'm discovering all the clever angles to take my (show-off) photos from.

Here is a better picture of that little coleus. I knew I had one somewhere.

Pink Coleus
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be borrowed without attribution.

9 comments:

Sigruns German Garden said...

Karen, thats a lovely few!

Sigrun

Alison said...

Stunning as always!!!!!

David (Snappy) said...

I love coleus but when its bigger keep nipping the growing tips out.One year I grew about thirty coleus plants and they were fabulous for colours.They grow very leggy without remedial treatment.Yours is a beauty in the blue pot...

Stuart said...

Awesome vista of foliage. Just goes to show that flowers aren't the only colours in the garden.

I can certainly see why it's your favourite view.

Philosophical Karen said...

I'm a huge fan of foliage.

Proud Mum said...

I know this sounds silly, but everytime I open up this page and see the top picture of this post I think the composter looks like a gorilla. Just quickly, until I'm able to see the picture, and then it's clearly the composter and it's shadow.

I don't know. Maybe I should stop reading your blog at 5:30 am. But I do like the gorilla, he's friendly.

Philosophical Karen said...

It's the shadow of the bird feeder that looks like a head, I think. I'll never see my composter the same way again. ;-)

Proud Mum said...

Yep, you're right, it is the bird feeder. It's a nice detail. I like thinking you have a friend looking over your garden. He's the scarecrow of all scarecrows!

Dianne said...

Lovely garden! Very dimension with lots of color and texture.