Monday, May 29, 2006

Views of the Garden

Some more views of the garden.

Maple Garden Looking East

I am waiting for the weigela (bush on the left) to burst into bloom. I gave the arctic willow (round bush) its first trim of the season. It needs to be done about once a month to keep a nice shape. It's the only plant that requires any real maintenance, and it's hardly a chore because I love the way it looks in the garden.

View Looking North

This is a view looking north, standing on the stone steps with 'Johnson's Blue' hardy geranium at my feet.

We have since removed those yucca plants near the arbour bench, just yesterday in fact. Although I'm not fanatical about having a "native plant" garden, those yuccas were starting to bother me because they stood out as wrong in the woodland setting. Yet they always thrived, and I also hate to discard a perfectly good plant. I must admit that I'm happy we got rid of them though. It opens up that area more. I think I will plant something ground-hugging there, like woolly thyme.

View with Houses
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

In this photo you can see how the bench looks with the yuccas removed. I must admit that although my husband found the best deal on bags of mulch, this kind is a lighter colour than I normally prefer. However, it also has a finer texture than some others we have purchased in the past, so it will decay quickly and enrich the soil.

No comments: