Friday, May 05, 2006

Changes

Those "red" tulips have turned a nice bright pink. So pretty. I'm glad I brought them indoors.

Tulips

New leaves are emerging from the elm. When my son is being his snarky ten-year-old self, I like to get out the baby pictures and remember how he used to be. I anticipate that this photo will serve the same purpose when the elm tree is covered in dark green leaves that are being eaten alive by leaf miners.

New Leaves on Elm

3 comments:

TraceyF said...

Well they do look beautiful, and it turns out the labels from the bulbs were correct after all.. Who Knew >shrug<

Philosophical Karen said...

I guess, if those other ones I see as purplish-pink were meant to be the dark purple ones, then they were not so much mislabelled as... misleading. I really thought I was going to get dark purple tulips, like the ones I planted on the front. Sigh.

Philosophical Karen said...

Right now I have just cut them. I've left the leaves so I know where the bulbs are. I'm glad I did, since they turned out so nice in the end. I will still have to move them somewhere where that bright red/pink won't be too obtrusive, probably back by the east fence.