
I didn't actually plant much of the coleus I got during the seasonable warmer weather we had mid-month. Most of my coleus is sitting in the garage right now (sheltered, but not getting much light).
There are no great changes in the garden, except for tulips dying off. I did discover a couple of these "weeds" growing amongst the vinca. They are so pretty.
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be borrowed without attribution.Does anyone know what they are? Their foliage is unremarkable. It just looks like a couple of thin blades of a grass like blue fescue. I have always pulled it out whenever I have seen it. I had no idea it flowered like this.
4 comments:
maybe Glory-of-the-Snow 'Alba' (Chionodoxa forbesii)?
http://www.paghat.com/chionodoxa3.html
I've enjoyed all your photos. look forward to seeing more.
I looked for white Ontario wildflowers, and came up with "White Blue-eyed Grass."
http://ontariowildflowers.com/main/b/blueeyedgrass/white/index.html
It looks like STAR OF BETHLEHEM (Ornithogalum umbellatum).
I have tons of it. It is a minor bulb and multiplies very fast. Mine has large tufts of grass-like foliage that will die back after they flower.
think you should enjoy the flowers.are they scented?At the moment im resisting weeding in case a gorgeous new plant/flower has come into the garden via the wind or birds.I have this dreadful bindweed which chokes plants, climbs up cables and brickwork and is a pain in the backside.But in the late summer it has the most beautiful white trumpet like flowers.Even weeds have their nice sides..
Post a Comment