Sunday, July 01, 2007

Summer's Here

Today is Canada Day. Happy Birthday, Canada!!

But for now my post is about gardening stuff. So, first, another daylily (of course):

'Little Business' Daylily

'Little Business' Daylily

My first 'Little Business' daylily (which was Bob the Frog's favourite) turned up missing one petal and one sepal. I'm not sure whether the term for this is ditepalous? When there are extras, the term is polytepalous.

A new project in the garden, replacing the old feeder. The new one is exactly the same, only... NEW.

Old Feeder Is Gone Now

Old Feeder

Nice New Feeder Installed

New Bird Feeder

Tragedy (of a gardening nature) struck in the garden during a planting project recently. There will be no 'Dominic' daylilies this year, because the clumsy idiot who planted this in the garden (that would be ME) knocked off all five developing buds.

'Dominic' Disaster

New Feeder

The balloon flower in one of my planters opened up.

Balloon Flower

Balloon Flower

A beautiful baby mourning dove spent the day sitting on a rock in the shade of my front garden.

Baby Mourning Dove

Baby Mourning Dove

And finally, I would like to show you my acrobatic cat. She got between the glass door and the screen door and started climbing the screen. (We had left the glass door open only 2 inches (5 cm) to let some air in, and she pushed it open more and slipped inside.)

My Crazy Climbing Cat

Cali Climbs
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.

5 comments:

Sigrun said...

What a silly cat!

Your new feeder is the same as the old one?

Sigrun

Anonymous said...

happy canada day!
lol, what a clever cat, i'm sure if my dog would fit, she'd do the same.
bsts

IlonaGarden said...

Fabulous photos- and the baby mourning dove is so sweet!

Jane O' said...

I like your bird feeder on the post. If you can keep the kitty away from the birds you'll have lots of feathered friends show up for a meal.

Andrea's Garden said...

hello, I came by way of Hillside Garden. Your cat is hilarious!! How funny! I really had a good laugh when I was reading through your post and saw this picture. I have noticed you are lily addict like many whose blogs I read. They are just beautiful. That obsession has not reached me yet. :-) But we are still working on so many things ... I wouldn't know where I'd put them at the moment. Great pictures! Greetings from Germany, Andrea