Friday, July 27, 2007

A Short Post About Daylilies

Since I've done a post already today, the daylily one will be quite short. First, here is a collage of several of today's daylily blooms.

Collage of Today's Blooms (Not All of Them)

Collage 27/07/07

Left to right, top to bottom, they are: 'Light Years Away', 'Siloam Plum Tree', 'Kwanso', 'Black-Eyed Susan', 'Lavender Rainbow', 'Elegant Candy', 'Strawberry Candy', 'Dad's Best White', and 'Wayside King Royale'.

I had one new bloom today, 'Grand Masterpiece'. This is one that I bought "on spec" last year at the end of the season and planted without having seen the blooms. I can say that I'm not disappointed! I think it is aptly named.

Grand Masterpiece

Grand Masterpiece

And finally I can report that the daylily 'Snowy Eyes' that I was worried about is still partly okay. Of the three or four fans the plant is currently made up of, one is still looking good, while a couple of the others are now producing miniature yellow triangular flowers. Hopefully the fan that's still good will survive being divided when the blooms have finished.

These 'Snowy Eyes' Are Still Okay

'Snowy Eyes'
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.

3 comments:

kate said...

I'm glad that the 'Snowy Eyes' are fine, since they are gorgeous. I liked the way you posted the daylily pictures so that all the different blooms can be seen at one time.

'Grand Masterpiece' is a beautiful colour.

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are the BEST. I hope to plant some next year.
Or should i do so in the fall?
You have a nice blog!
~Becky

Kerri said...

Your collage is gorgeous. Nice to see the blooms together like that. I particular love Wayside KR and Lavender Rainbow, but they're all beautiful. Glad to hear that Snowy Eyes is doing OK. It's lovely!