'Barbara Mitchell' First Bloom

And because the first one was ruined by the rain, I have a much better photo of the second 'Moonlit Masquerade' flower to bloom in my garden.
'Moonlit Masquerade' Second Flower
(Better Than the First)

I had another bloom today from 'Siloam Plum Tree', the one that flowered back at the beginning of June. I'm not sure whether to call this the first bloom or not. The one back in June was a complete anomaly and shouldn't really count. Anyway, here is today's bloom.
'Siloam Plum Tree' Bloom

And finally, this is the first bloom on the plant I'm calling 'Always Afternoon'. It's right next to 'Edge of Darkness' and its flowers look identical -- although this one is not very pretty. Sometimes it takes until the second or third bloom to get a pretty (i.e., typical) example of a bloom.
First Bloom for 'Always Afternoon'

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.
Many of my plants in the front garden are exposed to almost full sun and get a minimal amount of water (owing to watering restrictions in our region). I've noticed the flowers are becoming more thick and fleshy every year, while the leaves seem tougher and stringier than the plants that get some shade.
I would like to add some more shade to the front garden, so tomorrow we are checking out the (almost) end-of-season sales at some of the major nurseries in the area. We have room to plant another tree on the front, so we will be shopping for a good shade tree.
Have a great gardening weekend, everyone!
3 comments:
I have only Stella D'oro blooming and Bonanza is about to. Another one whose tag I have lost has some buds and all of the others are healthy looking but showing no signs of flowering at all!
They all look beautiful. Barbara was showing off for here day I see.
I remember 'Moonlit Masquerade' from last year. I still love that one! I seem to go for the dark purplish throats and the yellowish petals. Just beautiful!
Post a Comment