Thursday, July 01, 2010

Canada Day, Eh?

So today is Canada Day (I am old enough to remember when it used to be called "Dominion Day" -- back when we had a chain of grocery stores called "Dominion" too. Very confusing for a little kid).

It was a lovely morning. Cool and quiet for drinking tea in the back garden under a beautiful cloudless blue sky... Then the neighbours' air conditioning unit clicked on and the clouds started to roll in, but it was perfect gardening weather all morning. And probably for the remainder of the day, too. But a gal's got to eat lunch sometime, so I am taking a break for now and also getting a little blogging done -- if for no other reason than to show the bud from yesterday in full bloom.

Sabine Baur

'Sabine Baur' First Bloom 01/07/10
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Other first blooms today are Cassadiana, and a beautiful white one which is either Tuesday or Sunday Gloves. Hm, well, Sunday Gloves is down as an early to midseason rebloomer, while Tuesday is midseason. But honestly, even though the timing suggests Sunday Gloves, I think it's Tuesday, based on appearance and location.

'Tuesday' (or possibly 'Sunday Gloves')

'Tuesday' First Bloom 01/07/10
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Over in the front garden, we have Cassadiana with a first bloom today.

Cassadiana

'Cassadiana' First Bloom 01/07/10
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And, much like yesterday, I don't quite know what to make of this one (Chicago Atlas). I am not sure whether it will open later today, or wait until tomorrow morning.

Chicago Atlas Waiting to Bloom

Waiting to Bloom
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

À demain, au revoir. (Because Canada is officially bilingual, eh?)
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

No comments: