This is the last Grecian Gown of 2010, immortalized here.
The Last 'Grecian Gown'

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Always photogenic, and a late bloomer so still with plenty of flowers to enjoy, is El Desperado.
Photogenic 'El Desperado'

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
And speaking of photogenic, the rest of the post is just going to be pretty pictures. Yes, armed with my favourite camera and lens combination (Pentax K10D with a 50mm prime 1:1.7 lens) I went out today to take photos of whatever I could find that looked good.
Ivory Edges

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
'Tuesday' on Monday

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Sunday Gloves

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Both being "white" daylilies (white daylilies are actually cream-coloured), you might wonder how you can tell these two apart. Tuesday is slightly beige, with fuller, more recurved petals. Sunday Gloves has straighter, more elongated petals.
A Handsome Pair

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Spiritual Corridor

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Highland Lord

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Highland Lord is supposed to be a double daylily, but the flowers on mine are hardly ever doubles. I might get two a season, if I'm lucky.
And, as usual, in case anyone should imagine that I have only daylilies in the garden to brag about, there is some other beautiful stuff going on. Here are the pictures to prove it.
Flowers in My New Planter

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Echinacea in the Backyard

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Rudbeckia in the Front Garden

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment