Sunday, July 04, 2010

Four New Blooms

The second of my charity acquisitions bloomed today. (The first was Crimson Pirate.) This one I don't have a name for. Someone had managed to include the note "Dark Burgundy" with it, along with a price tag of $3, so I decided to take a chance. As it happens, it seems to be a twin to Salieri -- which I paid a lot more than $3 for. Oh well. When you buy plants before they bloom, you never know what you're going to get.

Unknown 'Dark Burgundy' Daylily

Unlabelled
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

One of my recent favourites, Raspberry Swirl has just bloomed.

Raspberry Swirl

Raspberry Swirl
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

This is one of my few spider form daylilies. Another lemon yellow flower to add to the yellow daylilies by the front porch.

Lady Fingers

Lady Fingers
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And this little one is Pandora's Box, tucked away by the east fence.

Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Well, we've got more gorgeous gardening weather happening. I've got lots of projects and improvements on the go, so I must take advantage while I can.

...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

No comments: