Monday, July 12, 2010

All the Pretty Ones

Today is all about the pretty pictures. Even with all the incredible blooms that have been shown so far, there are three new daylilies today: Snowy Eyes, Mariska, and Executive Decision.

Snowy Eyes

Snowy Eyes, First Bloom 12/07/10
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Mariska

Mariska, Second Bloom (First Bloom 11/07/10)
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Executive Decision

Executive Decision, First Bloom 12/07/10
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Now here are those pretty pictures. Three little All American Baby blooms showed up today.

'All American Baby' Has Three Blooms Today

Three 'All American Baby'
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Vanilla Fluff had a polytepalous flower (that means it has more than the usual three petals and three sepals of a standard daylily flower).

Polytepalous 'Vanilla Fluff'

Polytepalous Vanilla Fluff
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And my favourite flower, Lavender Rainbow, threw a double today. It never does that.

'Lavender Rainbow' Threw a Double Today

Lavender Rainbow Throwing a Double
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And now, here is a particularly scattered Scatterbrain. Notice anything? I think this one is my ugly daylily from a couple of days ago, not Vanilla Fluff. (Well, I never have been very good with spatial orientation. I'm a bit of a scatterbrain where that is concerned. Kind of appropriate, isn't it?)

Scatterbrain Today

Such a Scatterbrain
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And here are a couple of odd daylilies that both turned out particularly good-looking flowers today, Trahlyta and Light Years Away. This is why I keep them around, even though the flowers are not always at their best.

Trahlyta

Trahlyta, Again
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Light Years Away

Light Years Away, Again
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

I managed to snap all these photos just as the rain was starting. (Grey skies make good photos.) I am glad the garden will be well-watered again today.
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

No comments: