But, as a daylily gardener wanting to show off my blooms, I can't always give in to that inclination to only take photos in the early morning. Otherwise I get photos of half-open buds that do not show the flowers to advantage.
Here for example was a missed opportunity for Chicago Atlas, showing yesterday's spent flower and today's early morning bud barely open.
Missed Opportunity

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
I never got a photo of yesterday's fully open first bloom. And if I stuck with this early morning shot from today, I wouldn't have a good photo of the second one, either. Luckily I went out in the early afternoon and took this one.
Chicago Atlas Second Bloom, Fully Open

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
The same thing happened with Moonlit Masquerade, whose first bloom opened today.
Early Morning

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Early Afternoon

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
You can see the difference in the light. Personally, I much prefer the cooler colours of the early morning shot.
Some other first blooms today:
Siloam Plum Tree

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Green Eyes Wink

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Salieri

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Salieri, with its small dark flower, is new to my garden this year. I have chosen where I want to plant it (back under the red maple tree), but I haven't actually taken it out of its pot just yet.
So, to sum up, today's first blooms are Moonlit Masquerade, Siloam Plum Tree, Green Eyes Wink, and Salieri.
Now, for the gratuitous photo of the day, here is an artful shot of an echinacea bud in my garden (not one of the ones I just bought).
Echinacea Bud from My Garden

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment