Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Last of the First

Well, we have had ridiculous rain for the last few days. Ridiculous in the sense that it is not the kind of cooling rain that brings relief from the heat. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I knew there would be a problem with the weather the other morning when I opened the front door to look outside (we have a storm door with a full glass panel) and saw that thick condensation had gathered on the outside of the door. Stepping out onto the porch was like stepping into a sauna. Yuck!

Anyway, in the midst of the heat and rain, my last not-yet-blooming daylily, Old King Cole had its first bloom. I just managed to snap a photo between rainstorms.

Old King Cole

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And, just as a demonstration of how bad the rain has been treating the garden, here is the very last Royal Mountie, a sad example of a water-damaged flower.

The Last 'Royal Mountie'

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

No comments: