I received a complimentary sample of products from the Thymes Gardener Collection. Gardener is one of the classic Thymes Fragrant Living Collections, and as you might surmise from the name, it's designed to appeal to women who spend time getting their hands and fingernails dirty looking after a garden.
Deep-Cleansing Hand Scrub and Cuticle Cream from the Thymes Gardener Collection

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
For the review, I received two sample products from the collection: the Deep-Cleansing Hand Scrub, and the Cuticle Cream.
Of course, one of the first things I noticed was the detail of the packaging. Each cardboard folder had a little metallic tag that says "Grow" on it, a finishing touch that gives added polish. Of course, as gardeners many of us are concerned about the environment and would probably prefer not to add unnecessary packaging to area landfills. But the metal tags are easily removed so you can add the cardboard to your recycling box, if you have one.
The hand scrub comes in a plastic squeeze tube with a flat cap that easily stands upright next to the sink. When I tried the hand scrub it was wonderful, leaving my hands soft and smooth, even the area of my right index finger that tends to get dry and rough from pulling weeds. And here is a little tip from me -- they don't put this in the marketing material -- you can use this scrub on your feet, too. I tend to wear crocs or open-toed sandals in the garden, and my heels and toes get a little rough from the wear and tear. Using the scrub I was easily able to reverse some of the damage caused by my garden footwear.
That's where the cuticle cream came in. It's called cuticle cream, but again you can use it on other areas that need extra pampering. It's wonderful stuff. It has a different scent than the scrub. The scrub has a light, fresh "green" scent that instantly transports you to springtime in the garden. The cuticle cream on the other hand has a soft herbal scent that is more healing than medicinal in its overtones.
There are more products available in the Thymes Gardener Collection, including some lovely gift packages for your gardening friends (or treat yourself!). Thymes products are available in specialty stores throughout North America (Chapters sells some here in Canada), but you can get anything you want online at the Thymes web site.
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.
3 comments:
Dear Karen,
Aha, I was curious what is going on with you. Take care please and do not bother with my remarks :) I was and still am curious how it develops. I hope you will be better soon.
I just discovered something very interesting: live stream transmission from White storcks nest in Poland. Drop by to my place for links.
Take care :)
Karen, I received an e-mail offer to review Thymes Gardener products too, but said no. I'm glad to read your opinion of these two products. They sound great. Now I'm feeling a little sorry I didn't accept the offer :)
its nice thanx for you
Post a Comment