The poor unfortunate teenagers are sure that they only have one chance to get it right. The great thing is that the prom isn't the only chance to look good. There are plenty more chances in life for a girl to shine.
And so it is with first blooms on daylilies. I take pictures of every first bloom I catch, because it's an occasion that deserves to be marked -- even if sometimes the bloom should be forgotten. Today's batch of "teenagers" is a mixed bag of blemished faces and unfortunate fashions, along with some splendid and beautiful examples.
Smith Brothers

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Country Melody

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Nile Crane

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Moristar Mix

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Bonanza

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Razzmatazz

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Today I also had a surprise bloom from one of my seedlings that I planted last year. It looks like a relative of Razzmatazz or Purple d'Oro, but I didn't really get a good photo of it.
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.
1 comment:
You sure got it right. The wonderful thing about daylilies is tomorrow there will be another bloom and like a good chili, it's better the second day.
I love your Razzmatazz. I remember it from last year. I noted it in my book as one to own!
Post a Comment