Monday, July 21, 2008

The Height of the Season

Today's new blooms:

Snowy Eyes

Snowy Eyes First Bloom 21/07/08
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Root Beer

Root Beer First Bloom 21/07/08
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Catherine Woodbury

Catherine Woodbury First Bloom 21/07/08
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Siloam Merle Kent

Siloam Merle Kent First Bloom 21/07/08
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Strawberry Candy

Strawberry Candy First Bloom 21/07/08
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Switching topics from new blooms to existing blooms, here is a photo demonstration of the Sabine Baur/Alaqua twins, as originally discussed here, and more recently (that is, within the past few days) here. To summarize, I bought these as two separate plants. Alaqua is supposed to be neat and petite, but came out big and relaxed. So now these two are unintentional twins.

Sabine Baur

Sabine Baur
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Alaqua

Alaqua
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

***
EDITED TO ADD: I missed one. I think I can guess how I missed Daring Deception. My photo came out a little blurry and I probably meant to go and take another one, but forgot. Oh well, here is the photo anyway. I made it small so the blurriness doesn't show as much.



...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

4 comments:

Jane O' said...

I love my Sabine Bauer but it surely is changeable. So maybe next year they'll be twins no more.
I'm glad I checked in with you today, I've been interested in Rootbeer. Now I have a good look at it.
My favorite so far is your Trahlyta on the last post. Yum!

Philosophical Karen said...

I saw a whole bed full of daylilies I recognized as Trahlyta. It's actually in a strip mall near my house. I'm glad they chose something other than Stella d'Oro or the typical orange ditch lily. (Although, wouldn't a bed full of Trahlyta plus ditch lilies be striking?)

Momkiss said...

Lov, luv, luv your blog and photos. I wish u would add a google reader or way to bookmark you on your page so I could place u on my own home page for a quick link to you..or a subscription widgit. Happy growing:)

Anonymous said...

If only deer didn't like them I would have a gardenfull. I am putting some in pots hoping to confuse them.
Thanks for great photos.