There've been a few new blooms today. Spider Miracle (one of the few spider forms in my garden) feels like a genuine miracle because it is the first daylily in my garden that has come back from a non-blooming state and given me blooms.
Spider Miracle

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Woodside Rhapsody caused me a moment of angst as I flipped through my garden albums examining tags. I just couldn't remember which one it was. Part of the problem is that I was expecting this one to be a darker, more purple daylily. Today's version is much more of a red-purple.
Woodside Rhapsody

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
The final new bloom is one of the Sabine Baur/Alaqua sisters. I call them sisters. They aren't supposed to be. Alaqua is supposed to be petite, neat, and pretty. Sabine Baur is blousy, with a more relaxed habit. Unfortunately, my Alaqua turned out to be more relaxed than it should have, so it looks exactly like Sabine Baur. I decided to plant them together and call them sisters. This bloom actually does come from the Sabine Baur plant though.
Sabine Baur

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
BONUS PHOTO
There is a final photo I want to show you. Executive Decision bloomed with a polytepalous flower today and it deserves to be shown. So here it is.
'Executive Decision' Polytepalous Flower

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Still not perfect, as perfection goes, but well worth looking at.
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment