Jenn's Crazy Daylily

Photo belongs to Jenn W and is used with permission.
Contact photo owner for any additional permissions.
And so we agreed to do a garden exchange in September. (I know I've gone on the record as saying I don't like orange, but instead of trying to remove it from my garden, I've instead been adding much more of it. I treat my likes and dislikes differently than other people, I guess.)
I took some of my daylilies to Jenn. Red 'Little Business', which are Bob the Frog's favourite; creamy yellow with pink 'My Hope'; and one of my homegrown 'Moonglow' seedlings, seen here at the far right.
'Moonglow' Seedling (Between Dragonfly Tile and Yellow Flowers)

Jenn gave me some hot peppers from her plant in front of the deck. See the Tim Horton's coffee cup in the background? That's how you know we're in Canada. I gave her an idea of planting ivy in her window boxes. She has this incredible ivy groundcover in her front garden that looks like it would thrive anywhere, even window boxes in full sun.
Herbs and Peppers Around the Deck

Except as noted, all photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.
I love that blue bowl planter with herbs in it. It contrasts so nicely with the colour of the pot that the sweet peppers are in.
When we had finished in the garden we pulled out our cameras, snapped some photos and compared notes. We both have the same camera bag (though mine is the smaller size of the same model) and certain items on our photography wishlists are similar.
All in all I'd say it was a good afternoon. Here's hoping the new daylilies bloom like crazy next summer.
6 comments:
I hope Bob the frog didn't go with the plant!!!
I'm so glad you have a garden buddy to share with. it makes it so much more fun I think.
I want my own Bob. :)
Karen, I really really hope those bloom crazy for you. If you'd taken a fan from the other two patches, I wouldn't have been too confident that they would, but those driveway ones were the craziest. My fingers are SO crossed. :)
Jenn
That's great that you found another gardener and now can share your Passalong plants. Your double Daylily might be one I used to grow. Do you think it's Hemerocallis 'Kwanso'?
Kwanso
Annie
Annie, that was what I thought when I first saw it, but I wasn't sure whether 'Kwanso' was a fulva or not. (These driveway daylilies spread by stolon.)
Even for a 'Kwanso' though, the driveway daylilies are over the top. Jenn has daylilies in other parts of her garden that look more like the usual 'Kwanso'.
If this person knows what they're talking about, it could be Hemerocallis fulva Flore-pleno. Scroll down and there are photos of both varieties.
Hemerocallis fulva varieties
Whatever the name, it looks very festive for fall!
Annie
Annie, unfortunately your link did not come through. I went into the source code to find it, and for some reason the code classified it as "no follow".
For the benefit of others, this is the link:
http://members.tripod.com/bigalligator_1/id9.html
I agree that this crazy daylily looks more like 'Flore-pleno', and I do think Jenn also has some 'Kwanso' and ordinary fulva ("ditch lilies") in her garden.
Post a Comment