This is the same daylily from the day before. It opened up fully, and so we enjoyed it for two days. Very unusual! (It also makes a snug bed for a sleeping snail.)

Another daylily plant has sent up fall scapes. Unfortunately, we may not see the blooms on these before frost sets in.

The artist in me found this colour combination intriguing. It is Dragon's Blood Sedum, Periwinkle, and a fallen twig from the Thornless Honey Locust.

These are the mums I was waiting to bloom in my planter. I planted these mums in a container in spring. They bloomed then, and I am getting a nice flush of fall blooms, too.

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
11 comments:
We had frost warnings the other day but hte last few have been just like summer days....
The colour combination is grand!
Yes, your garden is very artistic.
I especially like the last photo, that red colour is great! It's a dahlia, isn't it?
Did you finally plant all your bulbs yesterday?
Lovely flowers. I don't think we will even have a frost down here this year. WE have been predicted to have a warmer, wetter winter this year. That probably means, no frost at all. Good luck with your flowers.
A daylily flowering for two days is realy unusual, I have never had.
Sigrun
Anita, the red flower is a chrysanthemum.
I've visited your blog a couple of times. I really love your pictures!
I love that red chrysanthemum. It really looks like Dahlia like Anita said.
I like the colour of the Chrysanthemum.
A snail bed. How cute!
It is nice that you are able to enjoy your daylilies so late into the season.
Your lilies are lasting nice and I love mums. Really like the Dragon's Blood Sedum, Periwinkle, and a fallen twig contrast together too.
Haven`r been visiting blogs as much as I like to and there`s so much to see at yours since last I was here!
Hope October weather is nicer than September.
tea
xo
Post a Comment