Thursday, September 07, 2006

Foggy Morning


Foggy Morning Patio

Foggy Morning Patio

The dead grass really looks bad. Fortunately, the weather is almost right for reseeding. I've got my eye on some of those "weeds" to see what they turn into. The big one at the front looked a lot like a heuchera when it first grew, then it developed these deeply lobed leaves, so now I'm very curious.

Foggy Morning Garden

Foggy Morning Garden

This is the long view, looking east.

Foggy Morning Sheds

Foggy Morning with Sheds
All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be borrowed without attribution.

This is a good shot of the Nootkas (those three droopy evergreens along the fence). Their official name is false cyprus C. nootkatensis 'Pendula'.

9 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Karen, did you purposely kill off the grass or have you just not had enough rain?

We have some of those droopy cyprus at work. It took me awhile to warm up to them, but now I think they look very nice in the landscape style we have. Do you like yours?

Philosophical Karen said...

Zoey, something got at that grass. I'm not sure what, maybe cinch bugs.

Anonymous said...

Hi from PEI,

I just went through your pics and you have a passion for lillies I see. This a nice garden. What your secret to getting hares and frogs in your garden? I live in a small city only things i get in my garden is bugs.

Anita said...

Your grass really looks bad, but are you sure it's really dead? We have a playground nearby and its grass almost looks the same after the peak of the summer heat in July. Yesterday, I couldn't believe my eyes, it's green again, very amazing!
Anita

Philosophical Karen said...

Trust me, it's dead. Any grass in this area that's going to come back green already has.

Kerri said...

How sad to lose your grass like that. Will you be able to pinpoint the cause and eradicate it before you replant? (I'm assuming you will replant).
Your patio and yard are so pretty.

Alison said...

Even in the fog it all looks grand. Well ok, maybe not the grass but I think you know what I mean!

MariaJ said...

Oh your foggy photos look great!
Its really nice to see stormy, foggy and cloudy photos sometimes. Also your Nootkas are interesting look evergreens. Havent seen them here. Guess what, tomorrow (On Saturday) I'll go to a garden Center..soooo interesting...

LostRoses said...

I've wandered over here from someone else's blog and love your foggy photos. Looks great!