I have explained to her that in my house, my sense of style is very modern. I adore Scandinavian design. My best dishes (the good china) are 'Ruska' by Arabia of Finland. I have a collection of Scandinavian art glass mostly from the 60s through the 80s.
I chose these pieces in my photo because the stylized goblet piece (not sure what function it serves) is designed by Kaj Franck, a famous Finnish designer. The blue bowl which matches it in colour is an unrelated piece of Swedish glass. I just put them together because the colours matched. The candleholder is a gift from my son and is not Scandinavian glass.

Photo belongs to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
12 comments:
Wow, you really seem to be a specialist in Scandinavian glass. The colors of the candle holders perfectly match.
Have a nice week-end!
Anita
P.S.: By the way, I am posting in English now on my garden blog!
Nice colours and design.
Okay, youve chocen our national colours (Finlands flag is white/light blue) so you know how my heart beats right now for your pic...
You suprised me again by telling me of Kaj Franck and Ruska. Quess what. My Canadian relatives have this Ruska dishes too and they think its the best of all. Its a pity that Arabia dont produce it anymore but I've seen some of the cups, plates and mugs at our fleemarket if you miss something...
Arabia and Kaj Franck are still very famous words in Finland.
Beautiful figurine pieces.
Happy Saturday!
BSTS, my husband actually took this photo. I took a few, but the light was too yellow and the camera settings needed to be adjusted. My husband took up the challenge and brushed off his dusty photography skills. His pictures turned out a lot better than mine. Of course my son took some photos too, but he was more interested in the play of light and shadow.
As it turns out, Maria's assignment was "fun for the whole family!" ;-)
Oh Karen, thats exactly my blue! I like your photo very much!
Sigrun
Oh my goodness, how elegant...the soft glow from the candle is reflected ever so gentle off of the crystal. Very pretty!
I love your aqua colored glass Karen, it's beautiful! So nice to have you too in our circle of light!
Beautiful photo. Very serene and calming. I like the glass.
Candles emit a wonderful light and energy!Blue is calming together ..a calming energy!!
Thank you Karen for your generous comment at nature-trail.
Oh I like.
Nice composition and feeling of warmth.
Such a beautiful picture! Loved reading all the comments too. I must do some reading on this glass.
Post a Comment