Today I planted 34 bulbs, a couple of other plants including a "NEW" perennial pansy, and a shrub (a nice caryopteris -- the foliage has a wonderful scent to it). I also moved a few plants around.

This year's bulbs include a mixed bag of Halo daffodils ('Delibes', 'Flower Record', and 'Pink Charm' -- which I already have), and some 'Mount Hood' and 'Spring Pride'. For tulips I have 'Black Hero' (late double); 'Pink Fountain' (fringed); an unnamed triumph tulip in white with pink edges (I thought it was called 'First Class' but now I think that's a packaging designation, not the name of the tulip); 'Shirley's Dream' (similar to 'Shirley' which I already have, only a slightly different distribution of colour); and 'Black Parrot' (a parrot tulip, of course).
Pink Charm Daffodils in My Garden Last Spring

Shirley Tulip in My Garden Last Spring

With my order I received a free package of 'Ruby Giant' botanical crocus, which are actually tiny and purple, so I don't know where the name comes from.
Now for the gratuitous garden photos taken in the past few days, but mostly today.
Front Yard, By Entrance

Coleus Blossom

'Rozanne' Hardy Geranium

Physalis

A Little Bird, Like Carol's

Echeveria 'Topsy Turvy'

A 'Good' Plantaginea Hosta (in the Deck Border)

An 'Ugly' Plantaginea Hosta (in the Back of the Yard)

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
6 comments:
It's 2 weeks since I visited and it feels like much longer! You've been taking some beautiful photos. I can't believe you've still got daylilies blooming.
I still have some things looking colorful and pretty, but like you, I have the not-so-pretty stuff too, and some things succumbing to mildew and other diseases.
We've also had the same weather by the sound of things.
I haven't been getting much gardening done since the new school year began and I'm back to subbing..and when I do have time, it rains!
Wish I had time to comment on all your posts! Love the autumn flame pic (great colors) and the Martin Homestead village looks very interesting. The stilts look like fun. Hope you and your son and hubby had a go at them :)
Your front yard looks very pretty, it's a real fall bed.
Me too, I love bulbs and I already have many many many in the garden. This year, I will just add some alliums (Purple sensation and Globemaster). Do you have alliums as well?
Good luck for gardening today, and no rain!
Merry plant your bulbs
Hope to see your black Parrot next year! Ive seen them here too but havent tried.
You had here excellent photos. Especially I liked that front yard....by the way; visit my blog and you'll be suprised.
Hi Karen, at our plant swap I also got Geranium Rozanne, I hope, it will grow well. Some daffodils I've also plant in the garden. Wo do all the same in the moment, I think.
This morning I will plant a Päonia with Mr. Wonderful, a presend from the swap.
Sigrun
Cute bird ! ;-)
Post a Comment