New Growth on 'Bloodgood' Japanese Maple

Small Frog with Patterned Skin

"Hidden" Sunflower By Chain Link Fence

Small Unknown Flowers by Arbour Bench

A Patio Is Not Just For Gardening

All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
16 comments:
Oh how nice...I was just going to ask you is your japanese maple outside the whole winter? I have it in pot and cellar in winter.
Your unknown flower looks like some kind of Clematis...
And of course your photos are interesting!
They look pretty fine to me the pictures.I try every time i go out to find new pictures or interesting ones.Like raindrops or seedheads or insects or colours.
The frog is gorgeous, love them..
Gardens should be fun places for family and friends.For visitors to admire.It speaks well of you if you take time to tend a patch of earth and make it beautiful.
Maria, our Japanese maple is planted outside. Bloodgood seem to do better than the ones with wispy leaves. They must be kept sheltered from the wind, because they dry out easily. My mother has a wispy Japanese maple planted next to a south-facing wall. For winter she covers it in burlap over a wooden frame.
The Clematis is C. joiniana 'Mrs. Robert Brydon'. It is pretty coarse and definitely not a twining vine. But it always gets raves in my garden and is worth the effort it takes to attach it to the trellis I use. I wonder what it would be like falling over a wall or on a split rail fence.
The plants were all interesting, and your son reminds me of my two boys who often take this stance against one another!
What kind of place do you have for your maple? Is it very sunny? I kept mine in hot sunny and the leaves burnt....I had to move it to a shady place. (This is my first japanese maple)
Froggy sure is cute! Looks like he's posing AND smiling!
Maria, this tree is over by my arbour bench, next to the fence, between the shed and the arbour. There are other trees and also tall porcupine (zebra?) grass there, which I think keep it sheltered from wind and sun.
Actually, we nearly lost this Japanese maple the first year, but it came back. Other than the new growth, it is not looking very pretty right now, but it does not seem to be in danger of dying.
The Jap. Maple foliage is beautiful. Mr. Frog is quite cute, too. It's amazing how many different frogs I have seen on gardening blogs this year.
It looks like your son is having a fun time on the pation. :)
oops, that's patio..........
wouldn't you know just when I want word verification to be incorrect, I get it right!
What a neat picture of your son...so typically 'boy' :)
Your pictures are very interesting...always!
Aren't there a lot of different clematis? It's an amazing plant. This one is a pretty color. My Carnaby clematis had a nice second blooming and climbed well this year. I was so pleased. Even the Jacmanii is reblooming a little.
Love your frog :)
Now that I know it's a clematis, I'm reluctant to remove it. (I've never had any luck with other clematis I've tried to grow.) Maybe I'll keep it as ground cover and still plant a new trumpet vine for this side of the arbour bench.
They are all nice pictures. Your son looks like he is just like my boys. Swords and ninjas seem to be popular. :)
How breathtakingly beautiful! Your pics are just so clear and oh, I could just look at them forever. I've got to get a new camera...is this an EOS?
Yes, I agree with Kerri, typical boy!
Your frog is very cute. Yesterday I made a pic from a frog in Andreas garden!
Sigrun
Love the frog image!Warrior energetic!
Post a Comment