So long as Jack sticks to eating just weeds, I am okay with that. Lucky thing I'm not one for growing vegetables. Jack likes this clover with the yellow flowers. (I have recently learned that this "clover" is actually oxalis. The yellow flowers give it away.)

I took these pictures through our living room's back window (the one above the deck box).

All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
It almost makes me glad that the weeds are taking over every inch of grass we still have. (Almost.)
That patch where Jack is in these pictures is earmarked (hmm, no pun intended) to house a pond next year. No fish, though. They would just end up being expensive heron food.
6 comments:
Jack is wonderful.
I love the idea of a pond. I am not "allowed" to have a pond yet as there is still a Sam in my house who would think nothing of climbing in. I think a pond would be a wonderful addition to your already fabulous retreat.
Perhaps just go to the neighbor and request a pod or two. I'll bet they will tell you to take as many as you wish....
I love the photos on your blog, especially Jack, he's lovely!
Hey Karen,
I'm glad to see Jack back! He's a great weeder lol
I have another question now, is all that brown around the weed really your grass? Is it that dry where you live?
That patch should have recovered from the dry weather. :-(
I believe it was destroyed by cinch bugs.
These are great pictures. Oh, so cute! Nice of Jack/Jackie to do a little weeding for you :) How sad to see your brown grass!
You should try to keep a patch of clover for jack/jackie I would love to have a rabbit come to my yard. At present only rabbit that does lives inside with us.
Post a Comment