Friday, August 04, 2006

Work Is Its Own Reward

Nature has such wonderful generative and regenerative powers...

Too Many Trumpets

By which I mean, "I have just spent a couple of hours in the garden today, weeding, thinning, and pruning."

All in a Day's Work
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

7 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Beautiful! Trumpet vine, right?

Aren't you the one who doesn't like orange? LOL. I wish that was in my garden!!

Philosophical Karen said...

At the end of our street there is one with deep red flowers. I would love that one instead of this. This trumpet vine is becoming a nuisance and will be cut right back in the fall. (Sorry.)

Boxwood Cottage said...

I did that too yesterday and you are so right Karen!

Viamarie said...

I miss gardening. Our weather has been very stormy these past weeks. I really enjoyed going through your journal. You must have a green thumb.

Thanks for dropping by today. Have a relaxing weekend.

Lis vom Lindenhof said...

Darf ich dir in deutsch schreiben? Mein englisch ist leider nicht so gut, aber lesen kann ich fast alles.
Have a nice weekend

Bazza said...

Hi Karen, thanks for your recent kind comment.
I have a large garden but I don't have too much gardening know-how although I am trying. For example I planted a rhododendron bush but it failed to take off because, apparently we have the wrong soil; it's clay based and it needed to be about ph 5.5. In this part of England (near London) we have a hose-pipe ban at present and Thames Water may be about to announce Draught Conditions. Not great for the lawn. Is it only in the UK that people obsess about green lawns? Sorry, I'm waffling on a bit. I'll keep looking in.
Keep well.

Philosophical Karen said...

Lis, ja, ich verstehe. (Yes, I understand.)

Bazza, our region is under watering restrictions also. Most people give up on a green lawn by the end of July. Personally, we have slowly been giving up on grass altogether. It's impossible to keep it looking good with both the watering restrictions and impending pesticide bans.