
It was a beautiful place to take photographs. I stuck to my determination to take all my photos with manual settings. It was frustrating, but ultimately rewarding. Although I missed a lot of shots (about one-quarter) because of silly mistakes, it meant that the shots that did turn out were more valuable to me.
I like this picture of an iron gate with a stone pillar. It was the lantern that originally attracted me.

And here is more of my fascination with wrought iron.

This one has a fence, but is also a portrait. (Yes, you've seen him before and he belongs to me.)

(He was soaking wet because he had walked down to the base of the falls.)
The weather was very strange. Always cold, but one minute bright and sunny, the next it would snow, and then it would clear up though with big white clouds in the blue sky. It was very awkward weather for photography. On the way home we were driving out of sunny clear weather towards a storm. Not a great destination, but it made an interesting photo through the windshield of the car.

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
5 comments:
What a fun photography field trip (say that three times! LOL)
Your little guy must have been freezing is he got all wet from the falls.
For some reason, I like photo #3 - the wrought iron.
Your photos are just like watching a good movie...like including some kind of mystery. Very fascinating!
Amazing looking sky.
Uahh I see a big storm coming n your last pic!
That Webster's Fall picture is spectacular with the colors of the autumn leaves!
Great photos! Are you taking this class at a local college?
I'd love to do something like that. How rewarding.
Post a Comment